Thursday, October 25, 2007

Birth Control and Lost Brain Cells.

Oh, I'm so sorry.

It just occurred to me that this title may have been a bit misleading. It would appear that I have some great new found knowledge of a link between birth control and brain loss. Um ...

What were we talking about?

No, no, no, no! We are not talking science here. Try talking little arms and legs throwing toys in every imaginable space in your home. Picture the contents of a diaper BACKPACK strewn across your living room, for a diaper bag would be much, much too small to contain the multitude of gadgets needed to keep a baby content for that half-a-minute!!

Yes, we are talking about the ultimate birth control - watching 6 children all at once!! Now I realize for some of you this is a walk in the park and you do it every day. However, I am not you. I am a lover of peace. I am a lover of being able to walk all the way across a room - unhindered! I like to walk without a second thought as to just what may find its way under my foot - optimus prime, legos, dress up jewelry, ponies, poopy diapers!! I do not do chaos well.

In a moment of weakness I agreed to watching my sister's 3 kids, my friend's daughter, and of course my own two cherubs. That makes one 8 year old, one 6 year old, one almost 6 year old, two 4 year olds, and a 7 month old. Did I say a moment of weakness or insanity? Add into this mix that my youngest nephew is teething and just finishing up steroids to help him heal from a case of RSV. Shudder!!

I think that covers the birth control part.

The lost brain cells part? The other day I threw some chicken breasts into the crockpot ... and forgot to put the lid on. When I discovered my error a few hours later I added a bit of water and put the lid in place. A couple of hours after that, just before I grabbed the veggies to peel and cut-up to add to the stew, I remembered that no one was going to be home for dinner! Not only had I made a mess of our meal, I had made a mess of a meal that never had to be cooked! Ugh!!!!

Today? I spray painted a pumpkin silver. Does that have to do with anything? I don't know. I just did it.

Needless to say, my chocolate stash is fastly declining, my home is going to take a week to unbury, and my nerves need a detangler. At the end of the day you'll find me in my bed in some state of dress or undress, staring into a room buried in the day's unfolded laundry and unread library books. If you listen really close you'll hear me mumbling something about "not EVER" to the miniature G.I. Joe hiding in the covers.

Is it friday yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home