Saturday, July 08, 2006

Ahoy Me Matey!


Hubby and I had a great date! We took the youth group to see Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest at 12:01 a.m. on opening day! It was so much fun. We all dressed up like pirates and were the only ones there with the same idea (in other words, the only ones having fun, right?).

I'll tell you this, though. I ain't what I used to be! It took me all of friday to shake the drowsiness of being up in the middle of the night. Today I think I finally feel a bit normal. Well, as normal as I can be. (wink, wink)

In comment about the movie itself - I really liked it, but it was a bit too over the edge at times. Some of the stuff was a bit too much to swallow even for a "fantasy" story. AND NOTHING GETS RESOLVED!!!! It is the most hanging of any cliff hanger I have seen. I would say wait to rent it just before the next one comes out next summer so your insides won't be eaten away waiting for some resolution. I think we will have to be purchasing the DVD the day it comes out so we can watch, watch, and rewatch to try to catch clues to help clear up some of the mystery.

My screenwriter's newsletter has a comment on the movie that I have not had a chance to read yet. I'll be interested to see what they have to say about from a writer's standpoint. Personally, as a writer, just about the whole beginning could have been cut. It really didn't do much to advance the plot in this second movie - it just made it a really long movie! Maybe it will be crucial in setting up the plot for Pirates 3. Who knows?

I will say this in positive comment - it was a long movie, but not long enough! I could have kept watching it and not even noticed the time. At least they did that well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home