Thursday, May 11, 2006

Ruby, Wherefore Art Thou?

Time flies when you're having fun? Just call me a "handyWOman"! I've been painting, caulking, researching how to do home repairs, etc. My dad is a carpenter and I am discovering some of it has worn off on me. I really enjoy it!

Why am I doing all this? The mold issue again. Things are slowly happening but there are still so many questions. Keep praying that we would have wisdom and resources. I've been praying alot for the church board this week. My husband shared a bit of their conversation from the board meeting on Monday and they sound discouraged. Because I have suspected the problem for a long time, I have traveled the "one day encouraged, next discouraged, another day sure there is no hope, back to encouraged" road many times over already! At this point I am currently in the "encouraged" category until the next spot of mold or lack of response happens.

The land next to us is for sale. I don't think buying it and building a house is feasible, but that hasn't stopped me from praying. With God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! If this is the right solution, God will provide. Go ahead and join me. Bottom line though, fixing the current house we have is cheapest - and I really do like our house - ALOT!!!! The church has already put so much work and money into it the last 2 years that the thought of abandoning it makes me a bit sick. I could never be so ungrateful! Honestly, if we knew we were here for the next 30 years (the time of the mortgage) I might put a bit more serious thought into that new house thing, but at this point I will only inquire of the Lord to provide his best solution - he knows what that is. And I will joyfully receive it!

I wish I could post away and add so much more, but life and duty call (and caulking another bathroom). Until next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home