Friday, July 28, 2006

A Novel Experience

I just submitted my first chapter ever of a novel! I am so excited I have goosebumps.

This is my second collaborative work with a group of christian writer's called - PeP (Peculiar People). The first project was a Chat-A-Book project. We met every Monday in a chatroom and dialogued a story - each person "acting" out their part. Our coordinator, Amy, is in process of editing it into a radio drama. It is a science fiction story called, "White Planet".

This second project is a mystery novel written by 23 different writers, each one in charge of a chapter. We have a secret web board where we have been posting and chatting about the plot, characters, etc. so that we are all on the same page, sorta.

It will be interesting to see how it all turns out. We have a schedule of deadlines and are on track so far. If we stay on track, the book should be out in January. Unfortunately, as part of the contract, I cannot post anything actually from the book yet. As we get closer to the publishing date I think I will be able to. I'll keep you posted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home