Thursday, January 04, 2007

Say "Bismillah" and eat!

I am up to my eyeballs in garlic! We are hosting our annual open house on Sunday and this year we chose to do an Egyptian Christmas theme - that is why our open house is in January instead of December - in Egypt, Christmas is celebrated on January 7th. We usually have around 80 to 100 people in our home!

And our home smells so good right now with all the garlic and cumin! I can't wait to eat it all. Kofta, falafel, baba ganough, tahina sauce, koshari. Compared to our American diet, Egyptian food is actually a bit bland but I love it! It is an acquired taste and I have acquired. It's also quite good for you with all the olive oil, garlic, beans, and vegetables. We also use brown rice so that we get the whole grain.

I'll take pictures and post an update after it is all done. What a way to relax! A cup of coffee, computer in my lap, feet up, waiting for pictures to load to my website. Sounds like a retreat to me!

I'll catch you all later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home