Tuesday, August 22, 2006

BodyWorlds Impressions

We just returned this week from a two-week vacation. We had so much fun and crammed so many adventures into that time! One of the highlights was our day at the Minnesota Science Museum walking through the "Body Worlds" exhibit. Dear Daughter was so excited! We left our hotel for the 90 minute drive to the exhibit and right away she asked, "How many minutes?" We finally had to tell her not to ask anymore.

The wait was definately well worth it, however. The exhibit was amazing and as you can see from the pictures, left quite an impression with our Dear Daughter. We were at the home of dear friends in Wisconsin when she asked for chalk to draw on their patio. When we went out to observe her creations, we had a delightful chuckle to discover she had included the digestive systems with all her drawings - even a flower. How priceless!

I must add also that she is only 6 years old! She is an amazing artist. Just look at that picture she drew of a regular flower - I know I am a bit extra prejudiced, but she really is good!

Of course our son couldn't let the chalk drawings go without a submission from him. He's is a budding artist in his own right. He excells in his imagination. His explainations of his pictures will make great stories one day!

Ah, we did so much more but I must tend to dinner at the moment. I must say I am having a very difficult time finding my zeal for moving back into the break-neck speed of real life. My motivation to return to daily chores and routines is slow in returning. I just may need to invite company over to give me the push I need to move the cooler back out to the garage, finish that laundry, and keep the kitchen clean!

Okay, going to move the cooler now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home