Saturday, January 28, 2006

A Contact!

So, how does this figure with the previous post?

Hubby and I were at a conference with an excellent speaker who has written many non-fiction books. In the course of conversation with him he gives me the name of his editor and encourages me to meet with her and seek to be a reader for the publishing company. This will give me exposure to the company and the inside track of publishing, plus it will help sharpen my skills as I edit and comment.

I am terrified of blowing this contact and turning it into a negative first impression and not a good one because of my struggle with confidence. I have ideas, but am not ready to embark on a book writing adventure...yet.

I haven't called to set up the appointment. I am praying and asking for help from God in timing and confidence! Would you do the same?

Thanks!

2 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger Fatcat said...

I say go for it! How will you feel in a few years if you didn't even try?

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger kc said...

Ooh, that sounds great. I'd LOVE to do that sort of thing. What're you waiting for?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home