Tuesday, January 17, 2006

American Idol . . . Writer's style

On a rare evening home curled up by my hubby we are being entertained by the American Idol try-outs on the telly. What a riot! I love hearing my husband's laugh.

As usual, the evening has got me thinking. I have a pretty good voice - I sing on our church worship team, I do an occasional solo - but NEVER in a thousand years would I delude myself into thinking I am of the caliber that could make me a professional!

Then I started thinking about my writing. As I type this and watch American Idol, I am also writing another Pirate skit for tomorrow night. The kids really enjoy them and I even get a chuckle from the adults with them, but they are painfully amateur!

I am feeling like a mediocre queen! I can sing fine, but not that fine. I can write fine, but not that fine. I can act fine, but not that fine? I would love to excel at one of these and do it very well, but do I have it in me? And to what purpose? Self exaltation? Recognition? Worth?

Ah, the real question is this - am I just suffering from a lack of confidence or is this a healthy dose of reality? I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home