Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Rainy Day Ramblings

If you sit really quiet, you can almost hear the "gulp, gulp, gulp" of the ground as rain falls gently, soaking everything under it.

Okay, not really, but this day is a lot like me. With all the busyness of getting ready for a wedding and now planning for our church's Vacation Bible School, I have been really lax at feeding my soul...and it is parched!

I am so thankful for this rainy day! No matter what is on my plate today, I will be taking some time out to feed my thirsty soul as the rain quenches our thirsty ground.

Thank you, Lord, for rainy days and the reminder of the condition of my soul. Bless my time at your feet and refresh me as only you can do. I ask for this filling so that I can be a blessing to those around me and not suck them dry with my emptiness. Help me to truly see my husband and children and be sensitive to their needs and wisdom to know how to meet them. I especially ask for your insight to see unspoken or even unrealized needs in my daughter. Show me how to draw her in. In Jesus' name, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home